Advanced Botanical Prescribing is a clinically-oriented textbook designed for students and practitioners of botanical medicine looking to optimize the clinical efficacy of their botanical formulating. The goal of this text is to guide students and practitioners through the clinical thinking and rationale of optimal botanical formulating using clinical modeling.
Combining the most current research with traditional and historical use, Advanced Botanical Prescribing provides a practice-ready, evidence-based approach to clinically effective botanical medicine.
Learning Features of Advanced Botanical Prescribing:
- Step-by-step modeling of the clinical thinking and rationale behind herb selection and formulation
- Review of the most common presentations seen in practice, with a discussion of the therapeutic choices and alternatives best-suited to treatment
- Concise, clinically-oriented collection of monographs covering the most common botanicals used in practice, updated to include the most current evidence.
- Monographs also include sections on “pairs well with” and “closest substitute” to further aid students and practitioners in optimal formulating.
- Comprehensive reference chart of the most current therapeutic doses for tinctures, infusions, decoctions, and powders.